1.02.2011

Faults

Faults. We all have them. They, by definition, are blemishes in our character. They can be acknowledged, mitigated, resolved, conquered, unnoticed, unchanged, or all of the above. I believe we (as in I) like to make excuses for them while not changing them. Sometimes they are evident to others but unnoticed by ourselves. Would we be better off knowing the faults others see in us? Do we not strive to find them within ourselves out of fear or intimidation? Should we call them out in others, whether they're acquaintances, best friends or family?

I often think I have faults that others notice that I am blinded to or I don't consciously acknowledge. I sometimes think I have faults which are mere insecurities that are not faulty. As I seek to find and destroy my faults, I want everyone to point out my faults that they might see in me. Confrontation can be a catalyst for growth. Passivity can be a catalyst for prolonged ignorance. What have I done that has hurt you? What have I done that has made you hesitant to talk to me? What have I done that has caused embarrassment or awkwardness or overbearingness or under-appreciating?

I hope that everyone can answer "nothing" to all of the questions. Sadly, I know this is not the case. I can only become a better person if I improve myself, and I ask that those things be revealed to me if necessary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home