12.31.2010

Ren Ten Ten

To continue my long-lasting, 1-year tradition, I will post the 10 most memorable events from 2010 (in 2050, it might be a little harder posting 50 events, but I will surely be up to the challenge - believe me):

1. PhoSho Photography

At the beginning of 2010, as I was taking public transportation to work every day, I realized I saw a lot of interesting sights. This led to me taking pictures with my mobile phone. This led me to start a photo blog of my mobile photos. This led to PhoSho Photography (www.phoshophoto.com). Enjoy PhoSho!

2. Random Photo Adventures
I have been known to take random photo adventures for the reason of not having a reason. This is one of my photos from one of my random photo adventures. The reason I took this particular photo? No reason.

3. Walk for Autism
Having a cousin with autism doesn't mean we have to treat him differently necessarily. It means we have to be on our toes and connect with him on his level. Thatcher is one of the most creative kids I have ever met, and I wouldn't trade him for anything. Here he is showing me his ninja kick while little brother, Baylor, is showing me his speed run.

4. May Day Snowshoeing
One of the most fun, semi-spontaneous events of 2010 was going snowshoeing near Estes Park on May 1 with some friends. As it was snowing pretty intensely (with 3' snow) and it was near 60 degrees this last week in December, I am often reminded that Colorado weather is as predictable as my schedule. Huh? I digress...

5. Denver Chalk Festival
One thing I really enjoy about denver is the ubiquitous festivals that take place during the summer. One that I really enjoyed was the Denver Chalk Festival. Many artists from high schoolers to college students to professionals participates in the event every year. Also, I have to give a shout out to my friend Kate (then Ohrt) Stone who chalked up an awesome design with her coworkers.

6. Europe (part 1)
Sometime in the beginning of the year, Patrick and his partner Benjamin sent out an open invite to anyone who could visit to join them at Benjamin's parents' house in Southern France...on the Mediterranean. My parents, Aunt (and godmother) Kris, and myself spent 3 days hanging out on the water, eating amazing food, drinking amazing drink, and living the life you'd expect on a Mediterranean vacation. Benjamin's parents, Michel et Monique, were absolutely wonderful hosts.

7. Europe (part 2).
Since I didn't have the luxury of taking 3 weeks vacation, I had to journey back to Colorado by myself. I took liberty to take photos around Paris, spent the night in Monmarte, and flew back to Denver via a 24-hour layover in Montreal. It was an awesome trip all around and reaffirmed why I love European life.

7. Utah
In January last year, one of my best friends, David, moved to Denver. It has been a lot of fun hanging out with him, and we decided to take a weekend trip to Salt Lake City to visit our mutual friends, Lauren and her family. We had a fun time of hiking, seeing the Tour of Utah bike race, and exploring Utah like we do. It was great seeing Lauren for the first time since she got back from her 2-year mission in Africa, as well as her parents, sister (Robyn and Jake), and brother (Don and Jenn).

8. Seattle
During 2010, my dad got a job with Frontier Airlines. What's the point? The point we get to use the benefits of flying. As I was looking at a map at 11pm on a Friday night, I tried San Francisco to visit my friend Laura but the flights were full. San Diego? LA? Seattle? Austin? Milwaukee? Atlanta? Boston? Orlando? Seattle it was at 8am the next morning. I had a great time seeing Katie, Whitney and Danny, and my friend Seattle (Leslie, where were you?). Now I just have to strategically plan my weekend trips for 2011...Laura, 2011 is the year of the San Francisco...

9. Thanksgiving
For the second year in a row, we were able to spend Thanksgiving with Peter, Ginny, and kiddos. We had an awesome time of relaxing, eating good food, and enjoying family. The only (but not small) thing missing was having Patrick and Benjamin here. We missed them, but we were able to Skype with them in Frankfurt.

10. Aspen
Patrick and Benjamin flew out for Christmas this year, and it was great spending time with them. In true Patrick and Benjamin fashion, they wanted to spend some time in Aspen (well, also Patrick used to live there). Luckily, Peter was able to fly out for a few days with Simeon (grandma babysitting time), and we four boys grabbed our Christmas money and headed for the hills. It was a fun time of wining, dining, skiing, après-skiing, Academy Film screening and enjoying. The only (but not small) thing missing was having Ginny and Anna here. It was a great boys time though, and it was a great end to 2010.

Hope you all have a Happy New Year in 2011!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home