12.19.2006

what goes around comes around

some avid readers may remember a post awhile back i did about my coffee experiences. my very first drink that i ever ordered must have been a doppio at our lovely local starbucks. after seeing "espresso" written on the side of my aunt's mocha to go cup, i ordered an espresso and was expecting a mocha. as any 5th grader would have done, i puckered my face at the bitterness of the dark brown liquid. why does anyone care about that? alright, to be honest no one does, but its relevance becomes apparent now.

after spending a week in minnesota with my brother and belle-sœur, i bought a stovetop espresso maker at the end of the trip. sickness set in my final night, so weakness and dizziness disallowed me to pack everything myself to go back to school. i opted to let my parents take it home and i would pick it up over christmas break. that time is now.

it is still new, so i have to both learn how to use it and break it in. with that said, my espresso yesterday wasn't up to par, but i will learn. i will need my brother's help when he returns from los angeles since he is experienced on the process.

when i learn how to use it effectively, i will be making a plethora of sean-style espresso drinks. mention this, and i'll even cut you a deal on the soon-to-be world renowned espresso drinks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home